Empanelled Training Institution:
The Empanelled Training Institution (ETI-Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur), erstwhile Training Orientation and Research Centre (TORC), Narendrapur is conducting orientation training programmes since 1986 and is playing a vital role in imparting training to NSS Programme Officers of the states of Jharkhand, Bihar and West Bengal, who are undoubtedly the backbone of NSS.
But, from the year 2019-20, as per the decision of the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of India, the functions of ETI, Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur has been restricted to the state of West Bengal only.
Functions of the ETI-Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur are as follows:
- Organizing Orientation Courses for NSS programme Officers;
- Attending Advisory Committee Meeting of various Universities, Colleges and H. S. Councils and offering suggestions for innovative NSS programmes
- Providing assistance to Universities, Colleges and H. S. Councils in planning and conducting regular and special camping programmes;
- Developing and providing consultancy services to Universities and Colleges/Schools in different areas of programme planning, training of NSS volunteers, supervision, evaluation etc;
- Maintaining linkages with the State NSS Officers of different states, Programme Coordinators of different Universities and Higher Secondary Councils, NSS Regional Centres and NSS Programme Advisors Cell at New Delhi.
During the financial year 2022-23, this unit of the Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur conducted seven Orientation Courses for NSS Programme Officers with 169 Male and 50 Female totalling to 219 participants.